Welcome to White Pebble Dermatology practice in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland! Our women-owned team is dedicated to helping our patients achieve clear, healthy skin. One of the most common skin concerns we see in our dermatology practice is rosacea, which can cause redness and visible blood vessels on the face, as well as bumps and pimples. In this section, we'll discuss rosacea in more detail and explain how our team can help you achieve the clear, smooth skin you deserve.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that causes redness, visible blood vessels, and bumps on the face. It typically affects adults between the ages of 30 and 50, and it is more common in women than men. While the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, it is believed to be a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Rosacea can cause a variety of symptoms, including:
- Persistent redness on the central part of the face
- Visible blood vessels on the face
- Swollen bumps or pimples on the face
- Eye irritation or dryness
- Thickening of the skin on the nose
While rosacea is a chronic condition, its symptoms can come and go. Some people may experience periods of flare-ups followed by periods of remission.
Rosacea Treatment Options
At our women-owned practice, we offer a variety of effective rosacea treatment options, including:
- Topical medications: creams, gels, and lotions that can help reduce redness and inflammation
- Oral medications: prescription pills that can help reduce redness, inflammation, and bumps
- Laser therapy: a non-invasive treatment that uses targeted light to reduce redness and visible blood vessels
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy: a non-invasive treatment that uses intense pulsed light to reduce redness and visible blood vessels
- Lifestyle changes: avoiding triggers that can cause flare-ups, such as spicy foods, hot beverages, and alcohol
Our team of dermatology specialists will work closely with you to determine the best treatment approach based on your specific needs and goals. We will also provide guidance on lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your symptoms and prevent flare-ups.
If you're experiencing symptoms of rosacea, don't hesitate to contact our dermatology practice to schedule an appointment. Our team is dedicated to helping you achieve clear, healthy skin and improving your quality of life.
Rosacea treatment near me in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland
Ready to Take the First Step? If you're struggling with Rosacea and are ready to take the first step toward clearer, healthier skin, we invite you to call/text to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology specialists. As a woman-owned business, we are proud to offer exceptional care and support to women and men of all ages. We look forward to helping you achieve your skincare goals and feel confident in your own skin!