Welcome to White Pebble Dermatology practice in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland! Eczema is a common skin condition that causes the skin to become inflamed, red, and itchy. It can be uncomfortable and unsightly, and can negatively impact your quality of life. In this section, we'll discuss eczema in more detail and explain how our team can help you manage this condition.
What is Eczema?
Eczema is a skin condition that causes the skin to become inflamed, red, and itchy. It can occur anywhere on the body but is most common on the hands, feet, arms, and legs. Eczema can be triggered by a variety of factors, including genetics, allergies, stress, and irritants. Common symptoms of eczema include dry, scaly patches, redness, itching, and cracking or weeping of the skin.
There are a variety of effective treatment options for eczema, including:
- Topical medications: creams, ointments, and lotions that can be applied to the skin to reduce inflammation and relieve itching
- Oral medications: antihistamines and other medications that can help reduce itching and other symptoms
- Injections: biologic medication needs to be used for severe cases that are not responding to conventional therapies.
- Bleach bath: it can help reduce inflammation and prevent infection.
- Wet dressings: a treatment in which wet bandages are applied to the affected area to soothe and reduce inflammation
- Light therapy: a treatment in which the skin is exposed to ultraviolet light to reduce inflammation and relieve itching
Our team of dermatology specialists will work closely with you to determine the best treatment approach based on the severity of your eczema.
Preventing eczema can be challenging, as it is often triggered by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. However, taking good care of your skin and avoiding triggers can help reduce the likelihood of developing eczema. Here are some tips to help prevent eczema:
- Keep your skin clean and dry
- Avoid harsh soaps and detergents
- Moisturize your skin regularly to prevent dryness
- Identify and avoid triggers, such as certain foods, stress, or allergens
Why Choose Us?
At our dermatology practice, we understand the impact that eczema can have on your skin and your overall well-being. That's why we are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care to each and every one of our patients. Our team of experienced dermatology specialists has the knowledge and expertise to provide you with the best possible care and treatment for eczema.
Eczema treatment near me in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland
Ready to Take the First Step?
If you're struggling with eczema and are ready to take the first step toward healthier, more comfortable skin, we invite you to call/text to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology specialists. We look forward to helping you achieve your skin care goals and feel confident in your own skin!