Welcome to White Pebble dermatology practice in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland! Our women-owned team is well-experienced and dedicated to helping our patients achieve clear, healthy skin. One of the most common skin concerns we see in our dermatology practice is acne, which can have a significant impact on self-esteem and quality of life. In this section, we'll discuss acne in more detail and explain how our team can help you achieve the clear, smooth skin you deserve.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells, leading to the growth of bacteria and resulting in the formation of cysts, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Acne can affect people of all ages and skin types, and it is one of the most common skin conditions we treat at our dermatology practice.
Types of Acne There are several different types of acne, including:
- Whiteheads (closed comedones): small, raised bumps that are white or flesh-colored
- Blackheads (open comedones): small, raised bumps that are dark in color
- Papules: small, red, raised bumps that can be painful to the touch
- Pustules: red, raised bumps with a white or yellow center
- Cysts: large, painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the skin
- Each type of acne requires a different approach to treatment, and our team of dermatology specialists will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan based on your specific needs and skin type.
Acne Treatment Options
At our women-owned practice, we offer a variety of effective acne treatment options, including:
- Topical medications: creams, gels, and lotions that are applied directly to the skin to kill bacteria, reduce inflammation, unclog pores, and counteract the effect of hormones in female patients.
- Oral medications: prescription pills that can kill bacteria, counteract the effect of hormones in female patients, help reduce inflammation and prevent acne breakouts
- Chemical peels: a treatment in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores
- Laser therapy: a non-invasive treatment that uses targeted light to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria
- Extraction: a process in which a dermatology specialist manually removes whiteheads and blackheads using a special tool.
Our team of dermatology specialists will work closely with you to determine the best treatment approach based on your specific needs and goals.
Why Choose Us?
At our women-owned and operated dermatology practice, we understand the impact that acne can have on your life. That's why we are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care to each and every one of our patients. We take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your unique needs.
In addition to our expertise in treating acne, we offer a full range of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology services. From skin cancer screenings to Botox injections, we are here to help you achieve the healthy, beautiful skin you deserve.
Acne treatment near me in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland
Ready to Take the First Step? If you're struggling with Acne and are ready to take the first step toward clearer, healthier skin, we invite you to call/text to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology specialists. As a woman-owned business, we are proud to offer exceptional care and support to women and men of all ages. We look forward to helping you achieve your skincare goals and feel confident in your own skin!