Welcome to White Pebble Dermatology practice in Columbia, Maryland and Highland, Maryland! Our women-owned team is experienced in treating various skin conditions, including Alopecia. Alopecia is a condition that affects the hair follicles, leading to hair loss. It can occur in both men and women and can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, hormonal imbalances, autoimmune disorders, and stress
Types of Alopecia:
There are several different types of Alopecia, including:
- Androgenetic Alopecia: This is the most common form of Alopecia and is also known as male-pattern or female-pattern baldness. It occurs due to genetic factors and hormonal imbalances.
- Alopecia Areata: This is an autoimmune disorder that causes hair loss in patches. It can affect people of all ages, but it is most commonly seen in children and young adults.
- Telogen Effluvium: This type of Alopecia is caused by stress, illness, or hormonal changes. It causes hair to fall out in large amounts but usually grows back within a few months.
Alopecia Treatment Options:
At our dermatology practice, we offer a range of effective Alopecia treatment options, including:
- Topical medications: These are creams or ointments that are applied directly to the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Oral medications: These are prescription pills that can help to block the hormone responsible for hair loss.
- Steroid injection: injections of steroid into areas of hair loss have an immunosuppressant effect and may speed up hair regrowth.
- Hair Transplant: This procedure involves taking hair from one area of the scalp and transplanting it to the area where hair loss has occurred.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: This is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting a patient's own platelets into the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
Our dermatology specialists will work with you to determine the best treatment option based on your specific needs and goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you achieve healthy, full hair.
Alopecia treatment near me in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland
Ready to Take the First Step? If you’re struggling with Alopecia and want to learn more about our treatment options, we invite you to call/text to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology specialists. As a woman-owned business, we are proud to offer exceptional care and support to women and men of all ages. We look forward to helping you achieve your skincare goals and feel confident in your own skin!