Welcome to White Pebble Dermatology practice in Columbia, Maryland, and Highland, Maryland! Moderate and severe acne can often lead to acne scarring. Therefore, it is imperative to seek treatment for acne early to prevent acne scarring.
What is Acne Scarring
Acne Scarring is formed when fibrous tissue is laid down to heal the injury of the skin caused by the effect of acne inflammation and bacterial infection.
Acne Scarring comes in different forms:
- Ice-pick acne scar: deep but narrow and pitted scars
- Rolling acne scars – wider scars with a sloping edge, giving the skin a wavy and uneven appearance
- Boxcar acne scars – round or oval crater-like scars
- Hypertrophic or keloid acne scars – thick, raised, and lumpy scars caused by an abnormal wound healing process
Treatment Options for Acne Scarring:
The treatment options for acne scarring depend on the type and include:
- Laser resurfacing
- Surgery (punch grafting, subcision, excision etc)
- Filler or fat implants
- Potent topical steroid
- Intralesional steroid injection
- Silicone gel
Why Choose Us?
At White Pebble Dermatology, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, tailored care to every patient affected by acne scarring. Our team of experienced dermatology specialists is passionate about offering the highest quality care and treatments to help you regain your confidence and improve your skin. With our expertise and knowledge, you can trust that you will receive the best possible care for your acne scarring.
Acne scarring treatment near me in Columbia, Maryland and Highland, Maryland
Ready to Take the First Step?
If you're concerned about Acne Scarring or are interested in learning more about our treatment options, we invite you to call/text to schedule a consultation with one of our dermatology specialists. We look forward to helping you achieve healthier and smoother skin.